Advanced Gingko Smart
Advanced Gingko Smart is a natural nutritional supplement created by Irwin Naturals, a company that specializes in developing herbal-based supplements. It was originally developed by Dr. Ray Sahelian.
Advanced Ginko Smart was conceived as a memory or brain formula designed with natural supplements that increase the effects of Ginkgo Biloba. It improves overall memory capacity and also provides neurotransmitter support through a blend of herbal extracts.
You can purchase Ginkgo Smart from the manufacturer’s website or some retail stores online such as Amazon. A bottle of Advanced Ginkgo Smart is priced between $12 and $16, depending on where you buy it from.
This formula guarantees to be a highly effective supplement for those who find it hard to maintain their ability to remember things at work or those who forget what they need when they get to the store. It may also be helpful for those suffering from severe cases of memory loss.
How does it work?
This product contains a blend of several amino acids, herbs, antioxidants and other substances that enhance cognitive functions in the body. The major constituent is Gingko Biloba extract that has been used because of its beneficial effects over time. This extract reduces the effects wrought by Alzheimer’s disease such as tiredness, absent-mindedness, depression and other effects. Alpha Lipoic Acid brings about the antioxidant protection properties of this product, which can neutralize harmful effects.
Advanced Gingko Smart contains Ginkgo Biloba Extract, and Ginkgo Biloba Leaf contains phytochemicals which are common ingredients for herbal remedies. Ginkgo Biloba is marketed as assisting with three benefits which are
- Antioxidant Protection – Alpha-Lipoic Acid possesses antioxidant qualities that help protect neurons from oxidative stress. Ginkgo extract is also known to be an excellent free-radical scavenger in the body.
- Enhanced Memory – Ginkgo biloba is one of the very best botanicals for the brain. Studies show that Ginkgo extracts can enhance the cerebral blood flow, enhance cognitive function and improve memory. The Ginkgo extract used in this formula is standardized to contain 24% flavone glycosides and 6% terpene lactones for optimum potency.
- Neurotransmitter Support – Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Choline and DMAE are key precursors to acetylcholine (a brain chemical involved in memory and cognition). Velvet Bean extract is a plant source of L-Dopa (which is rare in its ability to cross the blood-brain barrier and convert into Dopamine)
Ginkgo also helps to protect nerve cells from damage; and studies show that Ginkgo improves cognitive function, social behavior and mood in patients with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, learning and memory.
Advanced studies have found Gingko to be effective in treating intermittent claudication, preventing eye diseases like age-related macular degeneration and even relieving anxiety.
- Most Customer reviews about Advanced Gingko Smart are positive with very few negative responses.
- The customers who left a low rating complained about not noticing any change in the use of the product; while the majority who left high ratings refer to the fact that this product Improves memory, increases focus and alertness
- Several others mentioned increased energy while others reported improved eyesight and respiratory functions.
Side Effects and Warnings
- The manufacturer of this product recommends you speak to your doctor before using if you have a history of medical conditions.
- There haven’t been many side effects recorded as the constituent Gingko Biloba has been viewed as safe by the FDA with a minimum risk of side effects when used.
- However, Advanced Ginkgo Smart supplement contains a health warning about California’s Proposition 65 requirements. It indicates that Advanced Ginkgo Smart contains a chemical known to cause congenital disabilities or other reproductive harm by the State of California. It is advised not to be used by pregnant or nursing mothers or children.
Advanced Gingko Smart is taken as a dietary supplement. The daily dosage is two capsules per day taken with food or in between meals.
- Advanced Ginkgo Smart contains many ingredients such as Huperzine A (a phytochemical recognized for its memory boosting effects by W.H.O). This is also believed to be an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor which means it raises levels of the acetylcholine neurotransmitter in the brain.
- Moreover, it contains Vinpocetine, a product of periwinkle plant considered to have neuroprotective properties; it is also understood that Vinpocetine increases the flow of blood to the brain
- Ginkgo Smart contains 878 mg of fish oil per serving and 30% Omega 3 Fatty Acids (recognized as vital to brain cell health and to cardiovascular health).
- Furthermore, this supplement contains Mucuna Pruriens extract or Velvet Bean, and the seeds of this plant are a natural bioactive source of L-Dopa (a precusor to dopamine) and an increased dopamine in the brain can result in enhanced focus, improved mood and a boost in energy levels.
- Other ingredients include Ginkgo Powder, Choline, Trimethylglycine, Dimetheylaminoethanol, Bioperine Complex, Piper Longum Extract, Bioperine Black Pepper Extract and Ginger Extract.