Agmatine is a biogenic amine derived from L-Arginine amino acid, which is a result of the decarboxylation process. This process removes the carboxylic acid group from the amino acid and leaves behind a compound called Agmatine Sulphate. The neurons of the brain cells secrete this compound.
Due to its unique storage mechanism, Agmatine Sulphate is much more efficient than its predecessors in treating the symptoms of neuropathic stress, drug addiction, heart strokes and even a dysfunctional cognitive system of the brain. Agmatine Sulphate has also proven to be a very effective neuromodulator, making it a very useful drug in the market today. It is a well-known antioxidant, which makes it very helpful in tackling free radicals from damaging the brain cells.
Agmatine sulfate also helps in the blood flow. A well-regulated blood flow results in the nutrition to get properly distributed to all body parts. This facilitates faster recovery of body tissues and a strengthened endurance power of the user. Research suggests that the drug aids in nutrient partitioning, which is a phenomenon that distributes the nutrient amongst the body muscles instead of body fat. This helps in the secretion of endo-morphine, which makes you feel elated and happy after a workout session.
How does the Drug work?
Agmatine Sulphate functions primarily as an endogenous neuromodulator. It works against the NDMA receptors and hence is an anti-convulsive agent. It works as an amine, which is a product of decarboxylation of L-Arginine. Agmatine, as a compound, is present in every cell of the body and gets unevenly distributed in different parts of our subcortical brain.
Agmatine Sulphate functions by effectively binding itself to the NDMA receptors in our brain cells. It creates a blockage in the NDMA receptor channels of the neurons. This prevents excitatory synapses in the hippocampus region of the brain suggesting its function in regulating the brain’s glutamatergic neurotransmitters.
In addition to this, Agmatine Sulphate also works as a vasopressin inhibitor in neurohypophysis. This proposes a presynaptic action of Agmatine Sulphate, which facilitates the release of neurotransmitters in the brain. It effectively tackles morphine tolerance and withdrawal symptoms owing to its function as an inhibitor of glutamatergic transmissions.
Benefits of the Drug
Agmatine Sulphate has many known benefits. Following is a list, which explains the different ways in which the drug can prove beneficent for our body.
- Agmatine Sulphate has proven efficient in promoting the flow of blood to all the parts of the body evenly. Because of an enhanced blood circulation in the body, it becomes possible for the nutrients to get distributed evenly across all our muscular tissues.
- Agmatine Sulphate intake makes it feasible to maintain a high level of stamina and endurance while improving the quality of your workout reps and also aids in the faster recovery of damaged muscle tissues.
- Agmatine Sulphate also signals the release of beta-endorphins that produce ATP. ATP, in turn, is responsible for supplying our muscle tissues with the energy needed for their function and basic maintenance. As a result of increased ATP production, the muscle fatigue experienced after working out gets reduced
- Agmatine Sulphate possesses the characteristics of a neurotransmitter and a neuromodulator. As a result of such characteristics, Agmatine helps in improving the memory, attention, focus, executive functioning, and decision-making ability.
- It enhances brain activity inside the Hippocampus, which results in better long-term potentiation.
- In brain’s prefrontal cortex, Agmatine Sulphate increases serotonin and noradrenaline secretion by modulating the activity of alpha II receptors of the brain. Serotonin is a feel-good hormone, which boosts our mood and instills a sense of euphoria in our countenance.
- Agmatine Sulphate also acts as an antioxidant thus limiting any glutamate activity in our brain. This prevents over-excitation of the brain.
- Agmatine Sulphate is known to improve the insulin responses in the body thus making it an essential agent in building a leaner and toned physique.
- Because the drug regulates nitric oxide level in the body, it helps in better muscle pumps during a workout.
- Recent studies also suggest that Agmatine Sulphate can have therapeutic effects on people suffering withdrawal symptoms of various dependency drugs.
Side Effects of Agmatine Sulphate
While no dangerous side effects of Agmatine Sulphate, even in higher dosage have yet been found, it is still unsafe to presume that there are absolutely no side effects of the drug following a prolonged intake. It is crucial to take a prescribed dose of Agmatine Sulphate based upon the recommendations of a qualified physician or a physical trainer.
Here are some possible side effects the user may experience.
- Since Agmatine Sulphate widens the blood vessels just a little to improve the blood flow, this may result in a minor drop in the person’s blood pressure. Patients with low BP should pay proper precautions while administering a dosage of the drug.
- According to a study based on a group of individuals who consumed around four grams of Agmatine Sulphate over a three-week period, it was found that users showed symptoms of gastrointestinal discomfort.
- Due to an increased blood flow, more and more energy gets burned by the body. This leads to a sudden spike in appetite at all times. A person who consumes Agmatine Sulphate feels hungry even after having eaten to his fill.
- Some patients complain of nausea after consumption of the pill.
Common Daily Dosage
The recommended dosage for an adult according to weight category is as follows:
- 120 lbs – 87 mg to 349 mg
- 140 lbs – 102 mg to 407 mg
- 160 lbs – 116 mg to 465 mg
- 180 lbs – 131 mg to 523 mg
- 200 lbs – 145 mg to 581 mg
Agmatine Sulphate is marketed as a dietary supplement across European, Asian and American countries. It is an over the counter drug that also appears in various dietary and gym supplements. The drug is also used as a Noopept but is termed ineffective for recreational usage since no major survey or study has been done on the subject yet. It is readily available at all pharmaceutical stores and body supplement stores across America.