Choline Bitartrate is a supplement that promotes brain activity, leading to a sharper and better functioning brain. Choline is a nutrient that is naturally found in our body and is also produced internally, albeit in small and limited quantities. It is a part of the vitamin B family, is water soluble and available in foods such as meat, peanuts, broccoli, eggs, fish, etc.
Choline Bitartrate is the element Choline combined with a chemical salt so that its bioavailability or its rate of absorption by the body increases. Choline Bitartrate is one of the highest selling and the best variety of Choline available in the market, as it is highly efficient and extremely affordable.
This chemical is usually combined with a slightly stronger cholinergic supplement, such as Aniracetam or Piracetam. Pairing with another Cholinergic improves memory retention and promotes better mental performance.
The body usually produces its own Choline, but this is in tiny amounts, which is way lower than the amounts required by the body. Research has shown that most diets lack in adequate levels of Choline leading to a Choline deficiency in people. Statistically, only 2% of postmenopausal women consume the required amounts of Choline.
The limited amount of Choline production in the body and restricted range of food sources providing this chemical makes it tough to deliver the right quantity of this nutrient in the body. This is one of the main reasons why there is a need to provide the body with additional supplementation.
How the Drug Works
After consumption, Choline converts into Acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter. A neurotransmitter is a lubricant that transmits signals across the synapses between two neurons. When there is a moderate amount of Acetylcholine in the body, the brain works sluggishly. This results in the slower recall of information and memories; more deliberate transmission of information and slowed learning.
The body absorbs the choline that is consumed and metabolizes it into acetylcholine in combination with acetate. When the body has a healthy amount of choline and acetate, it will lead to a higher production of Acetylcholine in the brain. This results in a faster and performance enhanced brain.
Benefits of the Drug
The body produces Choline in small amounts. To meet your body’s requirements of the chemical, you are required to consume artificial supplements. But, why is choline so important? Read on to know more!
- When Choline Bitartrate enters the central nervous system, it helps with the storage and the synthesis of Acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter that makes your neurons interact with each other better.
- When there is an increase of Acetylcholine in the brain, the interaction between neurons is faster, and the cholinergic receptor sites get stimulated in the brain. This leads to some positive benefits such as:
- Enhanced memory retention
- Better learning capabilities
- Faster problem-solving
- It has also been observed that there is improved mental fluidity. Due to regular consumption, the recollection of memories and details is a lot faster and requires less effort. This also means that conducting simple tasks such as writing, thinking or even talking to someone require a lot less effort.
- Choline is also critical for the proper and efficient working of the brain and the central nervous system.
- It aids with controlled muscle contraction and muscle movement and plays a vital role in muscle coordination.
- Choline helps with condition and issues related to memory. It also aids in fighting off arteriosclerosis.
- In the brain, choline aids in the development of nerves. It also promotes the production and growth of cell membranes. It maintains and repairs the worn out and old cell membranes (the cell membranes that are no longer functioning properly), aiding them to function as they should.
- Choline Bitartrate transfers fat throughout the body, making sure that it is used rather than stored, leading to weight loss.
Side Effects of the Drug
As is the case with any supplements or drugs, there are some unplanned side effects associated with Choline Bitartrate too. Here are the most common ones:
- While the drug is usually well accepted by the body and is extremely safe for consumption, there can be digestion and stomach related issues, such as stomach pain, vomiting and in some cases, diarrhea.
- When there is an overconsumption of Choline Bitartrate, there can be some other side effects, such as:
- Increased perspiration
- Increased salivation
- Low blood pressure
- Fish like or bad body odor
If you experience any of the side effects mentioned above, it is advisable to stop consumption of the drug for some time or to reduce the dosage until you stop noticing the side effects.
If any of these effects present themselves, the best idea is to either discontinue use for a little while or reduce the dose back to the recommended levels.
It is advisable that you do not consume lithium orotate if you suffer from any known disease, prone to dehydration, or if you are pregnant or a nursing mother.
The recommended dosage of Choline is about 435 mg per day for women, and 550 mg per day for men. This dosage is recommended by the FDA. But, to get better benefits from the drug, it is vital that you increase the dosage a bit gradually. It is best to consult a medical practitioner or a physician with regards to the right dosage.
Most Nootropic researchers recommend that about 550 mg to 3,000 mg of Choline Bitartrate should be consumed on a daily basis to boost brain activity.
Choline Bitartrate is classified as a supplement that is needed to establish proper choline levels in the body. The United States Food And Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved it as a “drug” & has classified it as a dietary supplement.
It means that this drug is commonly available Over The Counter (OTC) without any prescription. It can also be ordered online, but it is advisable to confirm the credibility of the site before ordering any product.
Comments are closed here.