Coluracetam is a synthetic racetam, better known as MKC-231. It is used to improve mental capacity and enhance mental well-being. Like any other nootropic, it works by crossing the blood-brain barrier and helps the person experience a rush and a calming effect in the brain.
Most people use Coluracetam to boost brain activity. However, not a lot of research has been done on the drug, so it is not an assured cure for improving cognition.
Coluracetam can be combined with other nootropics and consumed to enhance mental capacity. It can be bought over the counter without a prescription and is also available online. This drug is mostly sold as a capsule but is also available in powder form for consumption.
How does it work?
As mentioned earlier, Coluracetam is a nootropic that is used to enhance cognition. Cognition refers to our mental capacity, and how much information can be absorbed and utilized by the brain.
Due to lack of proper information on the functioning of this drug, it is still unclear as to how it works on the mind. Research indicates that the drug aids in choline acceptance, better known as high-affinity choline uptake. Broadly explained, it refers to the uptake of choline that is absorbed by the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. This increases the cholinergic neurons in the brain, thereby enhancing cognition.
Coluracetam also helps in reducing learning difficulties. Those who find it tough to comprehend situations and have little clarity in understanding can consume it for better cognition.
Coluracetam is also used to induce a mental calm. It particularly helps people who are exposed to stress and anxiety or have anger issues. The drug usually works within a couple of days and effectively soothes a person’s nerves.
Like most other nootropics, Coluracetam also comes with its fair share of side effects. Here is a look at some of them in detail:
- As mentioned earlier, there is not enough information regarding the effects of this drug on the body, so it is best to exercise a little precaution. Be alert on the dosage as an overdose can cause your body to react adversely. It is best to remain within the recommended dosage level.
- You might experience dizziness and nausea after the first few intakes, but that is a common occurrence for most users. If the condition persists, it might be best to discontinue the drug or reduce the dosage.
- In some cases, the user experiences headaches, but with regular use the intensity diminishes. If the pain persists after a week or two, then you can reduce the dosage or discontinue the drug.
- Some people complain of diarrhea after consuming the drug. If you experience the same, then it is best to stop the drug.
- It is advisable for pregnant and lactating women not to consume the drug as there is no evidence to prove its safety.
Most of these side effects are mild and don’t last for long. In any case, it is best to consult a physician with regards to appropriate dosage and other precautions.
If you are combining the drug with other nootropics, it is best to check if the two are compatible with each other. Most people stack Coluracetam with L-Theanine as the latter is pretty mild and goes well with other nootropics.
Dosage and recommendations
It is recommended to consume 100 mg of the drug thrice a day if you suffer from extreme anxiety. If you are new to nootropics then you can start with 20 mg a day and eventually increase the dosage, depending on how your body reacts to it.
If you have already tried them before and your body is used to it, you can safely consume 200 mg a day. Do not consume any more than 300 mg as there is not enough research to know how such a dose will affect your mind.
Legal status of the drug
Coluracetam is legal and you can buy it over the counter. You will not require a prescription for it. You can order it online or from your local pharmacy.